Does the City offer swimming programs?
Yes, during the summer Citiparks offers a variety of programs and activities at outdoor pools throughout the City. For more information, talk to the head lifeguard about programs scheduled at your pool.
To enroll in any aquatics program, a participant must have a Citiparks annual pool pass.
- Note: this does not apply to swim teams or the free Learn to Swim Camp)
The following programs are available:
- Adult Lap Swim
- For individuals 16 years and older
- Water Aerobics
- Enjoy a water aerobics class using the resistance of water to tone and increase strength as well as cardio fitness. This program creates no stress on the joints and is great for swimmers and non-swimmers 16 years and older.
- Senior Water Aerobics
- Take aerobics at a more leisurely pace with other seniors. This great low-impact workout uses various aquatic programming equipment and allows you to work at your own pace.
- Swim Teams
- If you’re 6 to 18 years old, join your local swim team, head off to compete against teams from other Citiparks pools throughout the summer, then compete at the Championship Swim Meet at Highland Park Pool. Ask the head lifeguard at your local pool how to become a member of a swim team.
- Water Carnivals
- Throughout the summer, lifeguards organize water shows and carnivals at community pools. Talk to the head lifeguard at your local pool about joining in the fun of preparing for one of these events.
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh takes part in the festivities with games and prizes for all ages