What permits do I need for a block party?
Effective August 1, 2016, the following are the procedures for holding a Block Party:
· The City Code definition of a Block Party is an annual one-day outdoor public event organized by the residents of a neighborhood or City block and held upon a City Right- of-Way for social or entertaining purposes and shall be limit to R-1 residential districts as defined by City Code.
· Block Party Applications shall be accepted, reviewed, and approved by the Department of Parks and Recreation’s Office of Special Events. The Office of Special Events will be required to notify all Public Safety Bureaus of all approved Block Party permits. As per City Code the Department of Public Works must always approve the permit as well.
· Block Party Application shall be submitted no later than 14 calendar days prior to the proposed event date.
· Block Party Permit cost is $25.00.
· No Parking signs when required shall be provided by the Special Events Office and the Permit number must be on all No Parking Signs.
· The City shall assume the first seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00) of City Services, thereafter the City and Sponsor shall equally split any additional costs for City services.
- Public Works Permit Office
611 Second Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
They can be reached by phone at (412) 255-2737.