What should I do with the snow I shovel?
- Snow should not be shoveled or moved onto the roadway. When residents throw their snow onto an already plowed street, additional plowing is necessary and this takes away resources from the streets that have not been serviced.
- Snow should be shoveled onto lawn areas or close to the curb.
- In heavy snows, parking spaces should be sacrificed to pile snow. These efforts allow passage of emergency vehicles and other vehicular traffic.
- During a snow emergency all road crews work around the clock to clear the roadways as soon as possible.
- Requests for special plowing/salting can be made in emergency situations.
Updated 8/26/2015 3:01 PM