Knowledge Base

What happens if I don’t pay my real estate taxes?

  • If you fail to pay your taxes and you owe taxes for at least one prior year, the City, School District of Pittsburgh and Carnegie will file a lien through Jordan Tax Service against your property.
  • Your property can also be sold in a Treasurer’s Sale for tax delinquency. We strongly urge you to contact Jordan Tax Service at (412) 345-7960 to make payment arrangements to avoid this possibility.
Updated 8/26/2015 2:46 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!