Knowledge Base

When is a zoning certificate required?

A zoning certificate is required whenever there is a real estate closing on a property or when the property is being refinanced. It is a document intended for the benefit of a buyer or lender to let them know how the property is zoned, if there is an occupancy permit, if the property is located in a historic district, and if there are any building code violations on file. It can be obtained for $100.00, check or money order made payable to “Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh”, by mailing in the zoning certificate form found here.
Updated 8/26/2015 3:08 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!