Knowledge Base

Can I run a business out of my home?

The Zoning Code refers to this as a home occupation. A home occupation can be approved at the Zoning Counter (200 Ross Street, 3rd floor, Pittsburgh) if it meets certain criteria listed in the zoning code. Approval from the Zoning Board of Adjustment is no longer mandatory.

 Regarding registering a new business for taxes, please call 412.255.2543.

Updated 2/2/2016 2:57 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!