Knowledge Base

Hiring Police for Special Events

To pay for police details for a private venue, please contact the Pittsburgh Police Planning Office at 412.323.7160.   You will need to complete an application to become an approved secondary employer.

If the event is on city property (park, street, etc.) or is a private venue that includes blocking streets for parking, putting out a tent, or anything else that would disrupt a public Right of Way please contact the Office of Special Events Permit - that permit also allows one to book officers without being an approved secondary employer.

Updated 3/23/2016 2:47 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!