Knowledge Base

How can I check if my property has an occupancy permit?

 If you would like to look up a property's current Certificate of Occupancy, call the Department of Permits, Licences, and Inspections file room at 412-255-2195. 

A Certificate of Occupancy, also known as an Occupancy Permit, shall be required for the lawful use or occupancy of all land, structures or premises, including accessory uses such as parking, fences and sheds. A valid Certificate of Occupancy is required to obtain a building, sign or HVAC permit. Anytime a change in use occurs, a new Certificate of Occupancy is required.  

Updated 9/29/2017 8:27 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!